Saturday, September 19, 2009

Tough day at the Anderson house!!

Wow! Yesterday was a tough day for our family. Both Ava Claire and daddy had to go to the doctor and get shots. Matt was diagnosed with sinus-itis (if that even exists!) and AC had her 9 month check-up and shots. She got two shots and a finger prick....the finger prick she REALLY did not like! She hated that band-aid on her finger. She chewed on it the ENTIRE ride home (which by the way was just AC and me---daddy was too sick to go to the appt). She finally got the band-aid off once we got home ----but immediately got mad because I had to scoop it out of her mouth. She worked hard on getting that thing off and then mommy just took it away---so you can imagine how mad she was over that. So it was a rough day....I had two whiny babies to deal with!! ha The day finally got better when we got her in her wagon...she completely chilled out and got back to the sweet AC.

Somehow thru all of that.....we survived! and both of them are doing good today. Avanator (her nickname from daddy) has been happy all morning (especially when she was eating her pancake at Cracker Barrell!) She ate half of a pancake and was "shoveling" it in as fast as I could rip it apart. She also had her 1st kid's meal from Chick-fil-a the other day. I got her a 4 pack and she ate all of them!!!! Not at one setting, but later that evening she ate the last two of them. She reallllllly likes chicken. So I guess she does take something after me!

As far as her doctor appt goes....she is doing great! I didn't get the paper so I honestly cannot remember all of her stats. I do recall that she weighed in at 21.8 pounds (which is only 1.8 pds more than her last check-up....but the doctor said that is totally normal since she is crawling everywhere!) She's only in the 90th percentile for weight now (so hopefully she's not doomed to be a chunkey monkey forever!) and she was still in the 95th percentile for height. I have to call Monday and make her 1 year appt.....so I'll be sure and ask what her stats were (I know ya'll are dying to know how long she was!) Anyway, she sure is looking tall so far and oh my! she really is slimming down. It's kind of scary....she's always been so chunky and now she looks slim. I feed her all of the time now just to make sure she's still getting what she needs! She really likes mac n cheese so far. We are going to try green beans and mashed potatoes with her tonight. Hopefully she will like them too.

Can you believe she's 9 months old??? She's going to be 1 before we know it!!! It just doesn't seem possible! She is growing up way too fast. I guess we're going to have to start thinking about Maxwell/ Mitchell/ Mitchum/ MiniMatt/ Lucy Kate soon! If you can think of any good boy family names that start with an M- send them our way!

Well, that's about all that's going on in our world that we can talk about right now.....we'll give you some more scoop soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment